After completing my studies at the applied University Georg-Simon-Ohm Nuremberg with the degree “Dipl.-Ing.(FH) Electronics/Microelectronics”, I started my career in 1998 as a freelancer. The first 15 years I was focussed on research and development in all kinds of camera and image processing technologies. The main work was done on behalf of the department of Electronic Imaging at the Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits as part of the Fraunhofer Society.
Highlights of my career:
- Highspeed camera systems, mainly used in automotive environments like crash-tests (Speedcam Visario)
- Digital cinema (ARRI D20)
- Cameras for motorsports, broadcasting and PoV applications (Moto GP, Nascar, IndyCar, DTM)
- Cameras for space applications (ESA ERB-2)
- Cameras for special applications (Fraunhofer INCA)
- Cameras for safety related applications in automotive applications (FIA highspeed-camera)
- Cameras for automotive applications on Trucks, Busses and other transportation vehicles (Genexta)
My activities included all phases of engineering starting from initial creative pre-project steps to system design and concept phases, up to realization of hardware and firmware (FPGA, board design, processor systems, SoCs).
During the years my responsibilities shifted more and more from classic engineering towards management and planning including the following aspects:
- Team management
- Team building and forming
- Project planning, management and controlling
- Research projects
- Customer relation management and acquisition
- Cost planning and calculation
In 2015 I’ve been able to get the degree “Master of business administration (MBA)” after joining the Wilhelm-Büchner-University Darmstadt for two years. This helped me a lot to get a deeper understanding and theoretical background regarding all important management topics and business economy.
In 2014 I was – as shareholder and CTO – involved in the process of founding the Genexta GmbH.
In November 2015 I decided to continue my work as an independent Technical Consultant and separated from Genexta.
Right now, I am providing my knowledge to several SMEs, and I hope to be able to support more innovative companies in the future, and I am looking forward to being part of several exciting projects and teams during the next years with more highlights.